Im missing rhe last two beeps when not in betaflight

Sorry that first picture wasn’t very easy to work out here on the board

Im getting nothing on the 5v

What about here?

Still nothing is showing on the meter

I think the 5v regulator on the FC is toast then.

It all works from USB cause its 5volts and doesn’t go through a regulator.

I dont understand why as i havent had any crashes. Maybe a couple of slightly bumpy landings but nothing heavy. What should i do next. Thanks again for helping me out

I’ll ping alex and get him to have a read.

But I think your going to need a new FC or we could maybe cut in a 5v regulator

@unmannedtech what do you think?

Thank you i appriciate that

I think @DoomedFPV already asked and you said you didn’t get 5v, but just to be certain, can you measure the voltage on these pins with the lipo connected, if you don’t get anything then I am afraid the 5v circuit has been fried somehow :frowning:

I’m not getting anything on the 5v. Is there a way around it? Doomedfpv mentioned 5v regulator

You can probably use an external 5v regulator but im not sure if it isnt easyier for you to replace the fc (or get it replaced) because the external 5v regulator would need some space and many extra wires that will just be in your way… :neutral_face:

You can try it though since a external 5v Regulator is not very expensive. You just need to hook it up that the Receiver gets powered by it.

i have only taken it out twice since its been repaired with brand new flight controller and i haven’t crashed it. I went out to fly today and it just wouldn’t start. I know its not a cheap hobby but i can’t keep buying flight contollers at this rate. (: This would be the third in a month. Including the one i destroyed trying to do the work myself. I’m worried if i try and put in the regulator i might mess that up and the fc also. Thanks for all the help though i really do appreciate it.

Sorry for the rant. I was feeling slightly irritated yesterday.

I do find it very strange that you have just been abit unlucky with this, but flight controllers do not usually break this often. Sure you are hauling fragile electronics throught he sky, but unless you have a bad crash, or something gets wet they usually last a long time.

Could you maybe try to think what exactly happened when the FC died as I always like to try figure out what caused the issue if I can before replacing something, just incase it happens again with a new FC.

When i was flying i could hear dogs and landed abruptly but nothing that heavy. The cable in the photo with the blue and yellow came lose i pushed it back in and it was fine. i tried adjusting the pids it after watching a tutorial for smoother footage as i was getting jello in the gopro but i realized then i was only getting 3 beeps but didnt think to much of it and i took it out and wouldn’t start. I thought it was something i had done in betaflight. So i put it back to the settings profile i had saved but it still wouldnt do the full start up without being in the usb. Hope that makes some sense

Could it be that cable that’s the problem. One of the wires is loose maybe ?.

Thanks for that, I suspect that maybe when you plugged it back in, either one of the pins could of gotten bent, or something shorted, or it was not lined up correctly, as that could definitely explain the issue?

There is a simular port that i think that cable would fit into could that resolve the problem. I’m being completely honest when i say i haven’t had any serious crashes since receiving the quad back. Apart from the fc i destroyed with my incompetent soldering. Maybe it is just a spot of bad luck

I didn’t feel any friction or resistance whilst plugging it back in. I’ve had none of these problems with my other quadcopter. Is there a way of going about getting it working again without replacing the fc that you know of. I appreciate that this kind of thing isn’t normally the case but i resent buying new parts and paying for work that wasn’t fit for purpose. No offence intended.

Not that the work wasn’t good. But like you said fc don’t usualy break that often