Frysky QX 7 Battery help ! 🤔

Hi All, I have been given a Frysky QX 7 of my friend but he has given me it with no battery or battery holder to put in the transmitter so I can’t power it up.

What battery will fit in this transmitter I understand it will take a 2s lipo. Please could you all point me in the right direction to one that will work and fit, links would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Bleu

Just checked unannedtech and found this :slight_smile:

@DoomedFPV Yours look quite small…
I think the Original Battery has 2000mah.

You can also just use some liion 18650 cells, but i would only do that if you have have some decent knowledge about Batterys and Electronics in General.
I also suggest using a Lipo or Liion battery, because the Original NiMH is crap.

Thanks guys, I looked on bang good but says they won’t ship to the UK? An if I can would like to support a UK shop before going there first. I’m going to stick with a LIPO I think.

UK all the WAY buddy ^^^

Ummmm 450mAh is a tad on the small side

Do a google for Frsky QX7 Lipo UK…
your be able to find something

this is one from gens ace https://www.genstattu.com/gens-ace-3800mah-7-4v-2s1p-tx-lipo-battery-pack-with-jst-syp-plug.html

Notice that the battery connector inside the battery compartment looks like a 2S balance cable. You can plug it into any 2S battery. Also they sell AA barty trays that place 6 AA cells in series.

I use 6 Eneloop AA save recharables and good battery life. For this use case I think Ni-NH is the best. We don’t need 25C discharge rates in a transmitter and the Eneloop batts will last for about 2,000 charge cycles.

In a pinch or for a quick test even a 6S LiPo will work just pick up two of the cells with the cable. Do this ONLY for a few second long test to very operations or you end up un-balancing an expensive LiPo.

In short the cable offers a big clue. It is spaced for a 2S balance cable.