APM Planner v2 running on a Raspberry Pi

With the official v2 release of the APM mission planner around the corner, a couple of users have been playing around with it (you can view code here). The main feature of the new mission planner is that it will be cross platform so you can run it natively on your PC, Mac or Linux box. A particularly useful installation of the mission planner was done onto a raspberry Pi, which opens the options of running this on a briefcase type groundstation. Apparently APM mission planner takes about 25 secs to start and runs at an acceptable speed. I guess if you wanted something abit faster you could try running it onto a beaglebone black along with our diversity monitor that accepts HDMI input as the screen (but I am not sure if the 1024x600 px resolution will be large enough to use it comfortably)

Here are the instructions to get APM planner v2 running on your raspberri pi (thanks to RC Tech)

Getting started

Installing APM mission planner on raspberry pi

Install the required packages:

sudo apt-get install phonon libqt4-dev \ libphonon-dev libphonon4 phonon-backend-gstreamer \ qtcreator libsdl1.2-dev libflite1 flite1-dev build-essential \ libopenscenegraph-dev libssl-dev  

Clone the repository in your workspace:

cd ~/workspace git clone https://github.com/diydrones/apm_planner

Build APM Planner:

cd ~/workspace/apm_planner qmake-qt4 qgroundcontrol.pro
make

Run APM Planner:

./release/apmplanner2

Nooooooo don’t give me another reason to buy another RPi, I have 3 doing various things now!

Regarding screen resolutions http://www.chalk-elec.com/ will hopefully be selling a 10" full HD monitor at the end of the month. They did have 720p screens, (well 1280x800), which I guess would have been enough.

Well after 10 hours compiling I have the software working, mostly, I can’t seem to get it to communicate with the APM though :frowning:

Are you sure the Raspberry Pi USB outputs enough power for APM?

Otherwise looks like the touch screen monitor coupled with a raspberry pi seems like a good idea :slight_smile:

I have tried different ways to get mission planner on my raspberry pi and this way is the closest ive come. i got qmake and when i try to “make” it i get this.

lsb_release: not found
a few project messages that mostly say skipping support for things
and the last error is Package libudev not found.

can someone help me?