R9mm not binding!

Hello guys!
Here I am again with another problem!
So, 3-4 months ago, I upgraded my transmitter to an taranis X9D Plus that came with the R9M module (but came with a X8R reciever duuh). So following that I got myself a r9mm reciever, so I could enjoy the benefits of the long range fly. I am flying a eachine x220s with upgraded fpv camera, upgraded vtx, and one of the motor needed to be re-routed because a crash I had.
I configured it, everything was working, I was getting used to my transmitter, but like after 1 month of usage, I noticed drone lost Rx connection after siting on the ground unarmed (for example while I was setting telemetry parameters and whatnot). To fix this I just plugged and unplugged few times the drone, wait for a bit… and then connected to the reciever.
So last week happened that out of the blue, just wouldnt connect anymore receiver and transmitter. When I plug the lipo, I can hear all the normal esc beeps, but is not connecting to the receiver.
I tried to bind again the receiver, but doesn’t work. If I start the receiver in binding mode, wont bind to the transmitter. Instead the receiver is showing constantly red solid led.
Transmitter receiver and module were update to the last firmware, and I got them to work properly before.

Anyone has any idea of what could be happening?

Yeah your issue is your using a R9 system.

Everyone I know that used R9 had issues of some sort…
One guy was getting telemetry readings on his Tx and his quad wasn’t even powered up???

R9 has a really bad track record I’m afraid…
Either switch to a FrSky R-XSR Micro or Crossfire.

Check that the ipex connector has not come of the reciever as they are very delicate and break very easily, try a new T antenna on the reciever, and make sure when powered up and your trying to bind the radio is only on 10mw and it’s at least 10ft away from the reciever as being to close the power from the radio can damage the reciever and also swamp the signal with to much power preventing binding and giving lost telemetry.

Hello, did you solve this problem? I have the same issiue except I am trying to do a mod on flysky i6x with R9M 2019 with ACCESS i have R9 mini reciever on my x220s.

Maybe this will help you.I had the same issue today, this r9 system is so poor quality, I pressed rx with my fingers it change from rapidly blinking red to slowly blinking, I heated with soldering iron, and got it bind, my guess is that some of soldering pad for resistor broke.Try putting it in owen on 190 celsius for 10 minutes, but even if it got fixed I dont know how convenient is to fly with rx like that.

I would not be surprised if it’s the antenna as they are shit the ipex connector pulls out easily and the cable is like cheese , I would replace the T antenna first if that does not cure then receiver is toast they do not last long

I was not able to bind them, however I could register Module successfully, but when I click on Receiver1 Bind, then it shows message “Waiting for RX…”, and this messages goes forever, I tried powering off and on Receiver, powering on receiver with bind button pressed, nothing helped me.
Then I have flashed both Transmitter and Receiver with the latest firmware, after flashing I could bind receiver, but It never connected, when I selected the Receiver option after binding it went forever waiting.

I am very pleased and happy to share solution I found for FrSky R9 SX being not binding with FrSky R9M 2019.