Quadcopter does not lift

Hey,
so i’ve recently built my own quadcopter however i’ve just attempted to fly it but it wont lift off the ground. This is my first quadcopter and i’m high school and not very experienced with anything of this sort. so any help will be much appreciated.
My assumption is that there isn’t enough thrust being produced to overcome the weight

total weight - 1.7kg
motors - 2600kv
esc - 30A
battery - 11.1v 2200mAh lithium ion
props - 10’

thank you!!!

If you want help could you give us some more details such as exact motor/esc and what firmware you are using.

Check your throttle range goes from 1000-2000 and that your ESC are calibrated and your props are the correct way around :slight_smile:

my escs are calibrated and my props are most definitely the right way round, what do you mean by throttle range, and how would i check that ?
sorry i’m new to this

A2208 /14T KV2600 Brushless Outrunner Motor For RC Quadcopter

30A Mystery Speed Controller - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30A-Mystery-Speed-Controller-With-Connectors-RC-ESC-Brushless-Motor-UK/401569194441?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

1 Like

i could show you pictures if it would help

1.7 kg 3s battery 2700kv motors 10" props.
Without sounding to dramatic i would loose some weight from the quad if possible, loose some kv from the motors or 2" from the propellers.
If you are 100% the props are going the correct way even all set up correctly you are going to struggle to fly with that set up.
A good kv for 10" props is below 1100, and 2208 are JUST about ok.
What im saying is try 2212, 2213 motors with about 1000kv to 850kv and im sure you will have enough thrust, although 1.7 kg is a little porky.

2 Likes

hey, thank you for the feedback
and it doesn’t sound dramatic at all, i was slightly worried about the weight while building this up (the building frame i used was pretty heavy initially but i was too lazy to switch it), but ive just ordered 2212 1000kv motors which should arrive in 2 months and hopefully might create higher torque
thank you very much!!! once i swap out the motors i will try remember to update you on it

Have you put all your data into ‘ecalc’ ?
It will give you a flight performance report and highlight any issues
You can use it without paying :slight_smile:

Hope this helps
cheers
Steve :slight_smile:

1 Like

thank you very much, i will give it a go!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.