Holybro have just released a new iteration of their popular line-up of Kakute Flight Controllers! This one even comes complete with a promo-image typo!
Jokes aside, the new kid on the block was made with one intention: to work seamlessly with DJI’s new HD FPV system. To make things as simple as possible, Holybro have included a connector specifically for the DJI air unit, so installation should be a breeze.
Other than that, it seems to me to be a fairly run-of-the-mill F7 board, missing the soft-mounted gyro of the previous kakute boards. I’m sure it’ll be good, but is this integration something that would win you over? Let me know below!
HolyBro Kakute F7 HDV is designed to work with the DJI FPV VTX module. The GH port available on the board makes it much more convenient for you to connect HolyBro Kakute F7 HDV to the DJI FPV VTX, for both signal and power supply.
• Supports Betaflight, Butterflight, and Cleanflight.
• High-performance / low-noise IMU. MPU6000 with 6-axis gyro and accelerometer.
• Ready for autonomous flight: Integrated BMP280 barometer and SCL/SDA for use with external GPS/magnetometer units.
• Dedicated bootloader button for easy firmware flashing.
• Low-profile design fits into even very compact frames.
• Input voltage 7v to 42v. Power the board directly from the flight pack, up to 6S (on “B+” pad only).
• Automatic voltage monitoring. No need to run a separate vBat wire for voltage monitoring; the KAKUTE F7 HDV monitors voltage directly from the power supply.
• Filtered voltage output for clean, noise-free video. 2 On-board regulators output 5V and 8V. 5V output up to 1.5A to power peripherals such as receiver, FPV camera, or LED strip. 8V output up to 2A to DJI FPV VTx.
• Supports BLHeli pass-through for easy ESC upgrade and configuration.