Does F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for RC Multirotor Need a PDB seperately

Hi all, i am a newbie in this field.
Im trying to build a quadcopter for my final year project and ive ordered most things already. However im confused as to whether i need to use a PDB seperately after ordering
F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF/Deluxe 10 DOF for RC Multirotor already.

Sounds like you will, if it doesn’t say it has built in PDB in the description. PDBs are generally very simple although some have 12v and 5v pads on them. Battery connects to PDB, but FC will most likely need a 5v supply, this can come from ESC if they have the Battery Eliminator Circuit built in, from the PDB if this has 5v output or from a separate Battery Eliminator Circuit if you don’t have it on the others.
All in one boards generally allow battery voltage to be connected directly and produce their own 5v internally but from the description you gave, sounds like you went for an older less expensive board.

Thanks alot. I think I’ll look for a pdb to buy here Caus I don’t think I can afford to wait for weeks again for delivery.

Hiya typically the setup you need in order to building a multirotor consists of a FC and PDB my question is why do you need a separate PDB for your FC?.www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk sells tons of pdb my recommendation is the matek pdbs preferably their fc hub version because its cheap and has tons of features.Hope that helped you?.

You can get PDB’s that have a 12v and 5v BEC built-in to power an FC, and the rest of the pads provide battery voltage to ESC’s.

The SP F3 DOES require 5v to power it. I bought a Martian DIY kit from UnmannedTech, and in the instructions, it states you need to use a 5v BEC to power the FC, otherwise you may end up toasting it.