Diatone GT-R90 V2 - what has changed?

When diatone released the GT-R90, it was very popular among some reviewers who still highly recommend it. But based on alot of feedback from customers there where two flaws that annoyed people.

1 - The 32Khz Gyro was too sensitive and caused the quad to twitch due to vibrations.
2 - ESC and motors caused abit of noise on the FPV video feed.

Some pilots could live with those issues, but either way there is no disputing the fact that the GT-R90 is still one of the fastest 2 inch quads around.

The good news is that Diatone have taken customer feedback onboard and recently re-released the newer version that is going by the name GT-R90 V2. The have kept all of the good things like the motors, TBS unify etc… So what is new?

1. All new flight controller (F4M V2) that has some new hardware design tweaks to better filter noise.
  2. F4M V2 also now uses the MPU6000 IMU, which we all know is much more robust to noise. But it only runs at 8Khz (opposed to 32Khz on the original GT-R90). However I think 8KHz is still more than good enough especial when now you dont need to worry about vibrations as much.
  3. Pre-installed low ESR capacitor to help with noise filtering.
  4. New mounting stack the new mounting stack has changed to a more traditional approach. This also now includes some silicone grommets for the FC (further vibration damping).
  5. Gemfan 2030 props included as standard
  6. ESC upgrade to F25HV 4S Dshot 600

Where to Buy

1 Like

How would you rate this against your 90 build yourself kit?

I would say that I prefer building my own quads so my suggestion to get the UT90 kit is lightly biased. But that said the UT90 has more powerful motors 1106 vs 1104 on the GTR90. But on the other hand, the GTR90 does use a TBS unify VTX that has a few more features.

But at the end of the day, they both fly very well and both support up to 4s if you want to go crazy fast! I would be happy with either one :slight_smile:

I am a massive fan of the emax 1106 motors! plus the tbs unify it seems has an issue with the ev200d’s, or rather the ev200d’s seem to have an issue with the unify so the UT90 looks to be the one. Does it fit a micro swift?

I am not sure about the micro soft, I think it can.
But I will check tomorrow when at the office, but if I forget hop onto live chat on our website and one of us will check for you to make sure.