UFL connector on VTX on Hawk 5 has come off

So the teeny weeny UFL came off in the last crash of the beloved Hawk 5.
Does anyone have any idea on how it connects to the VTX board. Is it worth trying to stick the UFL connector back on, or just buy another EMAX F4 Magnum 5.8Ghz VTX?

It’s just a push fit. Have a close look using a magnifying glass if needs be at both terminals to make sure neither are damaged. Then carefully align the connector with the terminal using some tweezers and use a hex driver to push it down until it snaps into place. I put a blob of hot glue on mine to keep it in place.

Hi Max,

It’s the end on the VTX that has come off the board. If you have a look at the picture from the following URL http://www.helipal.com/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=16639&gclid=CjwKCAjwvNXeBRAjEiwAjqYhFsvM2zF7ylHzDu_NEM1ug0AW4c-WMwrR4p1ffYq14HF51rRsDKjN1RoCqfcQAvD_BwE you’ll see the bit that has come off :frowning:

Oh I see - so the UFL connector has broken off from the board. That’s not good. Someone else with more experience can tell you if this is repairable, but personally I would take the opportunity to replace the board with something better :wink:

See here: Emax Hawk 5 VTX upgrade - RC Groups

As you can see the VTX is hard soldered to the flight controller, so its pretty major surgery even if you replace it with the same part.

Nice! Thanks for that link; think I’ll have a go at doing that. Wouldn’t mind getting that VTX on the Hawk 5.

The process requires you to remove the receiver as well, which is also hard soldered. So you may as well upgrade that to a R-XSR or something better at the same time and connect RSSI/telemetry.

Good thinking; I’ve lost RSSI anyhow on the OSD after upgrading to Betaflight 3.5.1.
Quads - they always require work don’t they! :slight_smile:

Thats half the fun! I have never got RSSI working on the hawk from stock! Did yours just work out of the box or did you flash the firmware?

It worked (channel 12) out the box, but once updated to 3.5.1 it failed dismally.