Problems getting Mag enabled on Beitian 880 GPS Module on Omnibus F4 V6

I am having problem getting Magnetometer enabled in iNav 2.2.1 on Omnibus F4 V6, I have gotten GPS to work on UART 3, UART 6 is used by SBUS on X8R, TX1 is used by SmartPort. Is there any way to enable Mag on the iNav.

I have been banging my head for the whole day but cannot get it working. GPS seems to be working fine however i also need the Mag to work if i am running mission planner. When i force enable the Mag the GPS dies, Also i will be hooking up Bluetooth Low Energy Module HM-11 on this so this can work with speedyBee iNav app, but i suppose i dont have any UART left, any suggestion is welcome.

Can i get someone to write a custom firmware to address this problem?

UPDATE: I am reflashing firmware from iNav OMNIBUS F4V6 (firmware), earlier i was using Fireworks version, will check with this firmware and update later

Thanks

the 2 mag wires coming from gps unit need to be soldered to ic2 pads which i believe are the SDA SCL pads. just checked mine and i can confirm that is how ive got mine and it works like a dream.

Thanks @dale589, I have been able to figure that out, now looks like the MAG and GPS both have started working, I need to figure out a way to make MOTOR 5 & 6 PIN OUT to be used as software serial to hook up a bluetooth BLE Module. I have created one already for my Smart-Port but i need one more, will it be possible? I am attaching my resource list. Please suggest a way out.

resource

IO:

A00: FREE
A01: FREE
A02: FREE
A03: MOTOR3 OUT
A04: MPU CS
A05: SPI1 SCK
A06: SPI1 MISO
A07: SPI1 MOSI
A08: LED1 OUT
A09: SOFTSERIAL1 UART TX/RX
A10: FREE
A11: USB IN
A12: USB OUT
A13: FREE
A14: FREE
A15: OSD CS
B00: MOTOR1 OUT
B01: MOTOR2 OUT
B02: FREE
B03: BARO CS
B04: BEEPER OUT
B05: MOTOR4 OUT
B06: FREE
B07: FREE
B08: I2C1 SCL
B09: I2C1 SDA
B10: SERIAL3 UART TX
B11: SERIAL3 UART RX
B12: FLASH CS
B13: SPI2 SCK
B14: SPI2 MISO
B15: SPI2 MOSI
C00: FREE
C01: ADC CH1
C02: ADC CH2
C03: FREE
C04: FREE
C05: FREE
C06: FREE
C07: SERIAL6 UART RX
C08: FREE
C09: FREE
C10: SPI3 SCK
C11: SPI3 MISO
C12: SPI3 MOSI
C13: FREE
C14: SPI_PREINIT CS
C15: FREE
D00: FREE
D01: FREE
D02: FREE
D03: FREE
D04: FREE
D05: FREE
D06: FREE
D07: FREE
D08: FREE
D09: FREE
D10: FREE
D11: FREE
D12: FREE
D13: FREE
D14: FREE
D15: FREE

And you’ve hit the same problem i had the omni f4 v6 seems to ignore motor 5 and 6 with latest firmware. i wanted to use them as servo outputs but failed as the firmware just doesn’t seem to load them.
as the sbus reciver only uses TX you could set TX 2 or 4 up as sbus then that will free up TX and RX6 for your bluetooth. dont forget the solder the receiver sbus wire to the TX your chose.

Let me see, I will try this today and see if it’ll work, i’ll keep you posted. Did that work for you btw?

Tried it just now, receiver does not seem to connect, i have soldered SBUS wire to TX2, Smart Port is on SoftSerial1, telemetry seems to work but SBUS does not. Changed port mapping to UART 2 for SerialRX. any other work around or am I doing something wrong here? Also did not see any TX4 pin layout, where is it located?

The inversion seems to be the problem if SBUS pad is not used instead of TX4 or RX4 pad, seems like i am in need of a custom firmware

yep just tried myself every combo possible, with Inav not capable of resource mapping looks like its stuck on uart 6. also only one with inverter .
as you are using frsky check out this vid not checked out myself but worth a look, https://youtu.be/ZyKgBS9wmuc
or just bin the smart port i assume your only using for tele anyhow and youll get most of that from HUD.

I already saw this video prior to posting a comment here. Will not help unless I switch my Rx to r-xsr with an fport in which case it’ll free one soft serial which is being used for smart port. Seems like an expense here. However I wanted to put my x8r receiver to some use as it’s been sitting with me for a very long time unused. Anyway thanks for all your guidance. Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.