Pixhawk 2.1 parts list

Hi

I want to buy some parts for a pixhawk 2.1 based copter.
I already have a copter, so I will essentially be removing the old flight controller and replacing it with the pixhawk2.1.

I need to make sure that I am buying the correct/compatible parts.
The following is what I have selected - are these okay?

pixhawk2.1

gps for ph2.1

ph2.1 cable set

telemetry

power module
what power module is suitable for this flight controller?

Thanks

You dont need to buy the cable set, or a power module as the pixhawk 2.1 kit includes this already, but you can get more if you need spares.

As for telemetry, the 433mhz kit is good, but if you need a longer range, more professional telemetry link the RFD 868x series are much better in my opinion (but also more expensive)

But that list will all work together :slight_smile:

Hi Alex

Thanks for the reply.

The power module which comes included in the package, I think is limited to 30A.
If I wanted to build a more powerful copter, I would need to allow for greater amperage. Do you sell such a power module?

Thanks.

True… if you need to pull more current you can use the older pixhawk power module, the one we sell supports up to 6S and can handle 90A continuous draw which is good enough for just about most quads. The only issue is the connector is not comptible with PH2.1, but we do sell appropriate connector cables in our shop. If you need even more current/voltage we can get some other power modules for you, just let me know.

Hi,

I actually already have a power module, like the one you posted above.
Can you link me to a connector cable which will work with that power module you posted above and the ph2.1?

My shopping list is now looking like this:

pixhawk2.1

gps for ph2.1

telemetry

(I don’t need 40km range. For now, 1KM is fine)

Power module connector only.

This cable pack will work… my only suggestion is that double check the pinout of both the power module and PH2.1 as these cables where originally made for our pixhack board, but PH2 has connections inverted and I cant recall off hand if our current batch has the correct orientation or not.

Hi Alex

Thanks for the info.
I have just now placed an order with you.

Thanks

Hi

I have received the pixhawk 2.1
But I noticed that micro sd card was not included.
I have a 8GB micro sd card spare.
How should I format this? FAT32? NTFS?

Thanks

It should be formatted to FAT32

1 Like

Hi,

So I have got the PixHawk 2.1 based copter in the air, which is good, but I am now adding more devices to it, via the i2c port.

I2C Cables
I already have the cable set pack, which came with the PH2.1, but there is only one I2C cable.
If I need to buy another 5, where can I get these? Do you sell these?

EDIT: is this what I need?

Thanks.

Yes that will work, but I do remember there was an issue with the connector standard that changed a couple months ago.

The connectors themself are correct and fully compatible, but the wires might now as we had these made up before pixhawk 2.1 was released using the old dronecode connector standard, which means that the one end now needs to be rotated 180 degrees. I can honestly not recall right now if our current batch is correct or not, but it is easy enough to swap them over if its wrong.

Hi Alex

That’s fine, but would the connectors themselves be able to fit nicely into the pixhawk i2c socket?
I can switch wires around, but I am more concerned with the connector itself, fitting into the pixhawk and also the I2C extension board.
The connectors which the pixhawk 2.1 uses is used by nobody else.

Thanks.