Naze 32 Revision 6 Flight Controller Guide

There are a few errors that you may want to correct.

1. The first image is “The Naze 32 Revision 6 pinout”. On right hand side UART 2 RX should be UART1 RX. Both of those pins are on the same UART.
  2. The second picture is a zoom in on the first. The indicated 5V and Gnd are really Buzzer and Voltage Monitor. The are correct in the first image.
  3. The third picture “Typical Naze32 Connection diagram” has no 5V power. The Battery Voltage Moniter does not power the board.

Thanks for spotting the mistakes and for letting me know! I will get them corrected right away… Sometimes when its getting late I dont think properly… so not a good idea to draw diagrams :stuck_out_tongue: But its great to receive some feedback so that all of our guides are actualy useful as I might of missed something obvious

Update: I have now corrected the main connection diagram to make it abit more clean on how you power the naze32 and fixed the pinout to correctly label UART 1 TX

Really nice diagrams to connect everything up… Im running s.bus to a X8R and want to get gps up and running… what pins to i need to use if pin 4 is already taken? thanks :slight_smile:

You will need to enable softserial and use pins 5/6 or 7/8 for your GPS. But if using softserial you can’t use an rgb led on your quad.

You seem to be the only one to actually understand the s.bus set up… makes sense now thanks, if i use cppm, i could run the gps of uart2 right? if so would you recommend it or just stick to sbus and leave the led strip? thanks again

With all cleanflight controllers I think its always best if you can use cppm as input as that does not use any of the (very) limited serial ports on your board. So yes if you need to use GPS on a dedicated hardware serial port then you will cant use SBUS :frowning:. But to be honest there is nothing wrong with cppm, which I explain in the RC protocols guide I wrote some time back.

Alex, These are great images! Would you mind if I used them at an upcoming makers fair where we have a table? We would likely print them out to explain how a quadcopter works. It would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Sure not a problem if you need higher resolutions just let me know :slight_smile: would appreciate if you could mention dronetrest as the dronetrest community always welcome new members :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thanks Alex! sorry for the delay here. Yes I would be GLAD to mention Dronetrest at our table! High resolution pictures would be excellent. Im not blowing them up too big but I may in the future if we get a good response. can you upload them here in the thread? Particularly I am interested in the image you title ‘Typical Naze32 Connection diagram’.

Hello if I’m using 1-6 on the input rail to my receiver where would I solder the LED din line to

If you are using PWM inputs from your receiver then you cant use an RGB LED strip. You will only be able to use a static LED strip on your quad as there are no spare pins. Best to use a PPM receiver :slight_smile:

Hello, its a great tutorial and discuss for the naze32 rev 6 with cleanflight. well, i have a problem, i am flashing the firmware was successful with the latest naze 1.12.1 ,But the green LED keep blinking and wouldn’t stop even i did some calibrate acc. and mag. but when i open and flashing via baseflight there was no problem on my naze to connect with my receiver fsia6B. i want to setup my naze32 with cleanflight
and i need to setup my gps ,minimOsd and sonar.

any suggestion or solution for this issue ?

big hug from indonesia :slight_smile:

sigit

I have just updated the guide to include some things to check to solve the problem of your board not arming:

1 Like

On “Typical Naze32 Connection diagram” if I am not mistaken, the ESC to motor connections wiring are wrong. The clockwise rotating esc’s should have two wires reversed while the counter clockwise rotating motors should be straight through.
Thanks

With most blheli ESC it actually doesn’t matter as you can just switch the direction with software anyways. I actually cant remember the last time I paid attention to the motor to ESC wiring :stuck_out_tongue:

Alex
Yes, I know you can use BLHeli to change it but not everyone has an ESC with BLHeli bootloader/firmware.
I had a friend that followed your diagram few days ago and got it wrong. Don’t forget that a lot of new guys are the ones that actually look at tutorials like this.
Take it for what it is worth.

@mlpfw Thats a very good point, and I did not notice that the diagram was wrong until you pointed it out so I have fixed it now :slight_smile:

When I was writing this guide it was rather late at night and I used our diagram from our ZMR250 build guide which has the correct ESC wiring on it, and for some odd reason I switched it around. So thanks again for pointing that out!

thanks so much ! I have the taranis with the 8XR with the rev6 board. How to i get the telemetry info back to the controller thanks !

Check out our smart port telemetry guide which will tell you how to do it.

Hi there Alex.
I’m still a bit confused here, as your “pinout”, “close-up” & '“typical” diagrams are conflicting in what that connection does. These types of diagrams are helpful to someone like me who has never picked up a Naze ever, but I fear if I wire a buzzer how your pinout diagram shows, but look at the close-up diagram, that buzzer will be permanently buzzing. I’m also assuming that the Naze gets its power from a bec esc?

Thanks