Inav firmware on omnibus f4

Hi kapapios
I see the problem you have. I can explain in a later post. I have built new firmware for you, see enclosed. Please test it as I do not have a board available for testing, and let me know how it goes. If it works for you I will post a pull request to the inav project with the full board. Use your first configuration, set GPS on uart3 (TX3, RX3). Enable sbus on uart6 serial.
regards, Andrew

inav_2.0.0_OMNIBUSF4V6.hex.zip (284.2 KB)

1 Like

oh thank you very much I will test it and post the results…

Hi fat, I tested the firmware and the results are the followings.
Configurations:
GPS TX to RX3 FC
GPS RX to TX3 FC
GPS SDA to SDA FC
GPS SCL to SCL FC
SBUS receiver to SBUS FC
SPORT receiver to TX1 FC
Custom firmware providing from ‘fat’
ScreenShots:

gps yes
mag yes
sbus yes
telemetry yes
Everythings work fine. Many many thanks to “fat”
It is a honor to the hobby there is such people like you that helping beginners like me.
Thank you so much.You saved my day…
Btw I would like to know the explanation of my problem…

1 Like

Great! I am glad it worked and that you got it tested. As you noted in your first message, you were correct.
The problem was because it is, according to the pin mapping given from the, stated that the i2c communication was running together with uart3. So, when you connected to uart3, i2c mag is programatically disconnected. To fix this, a new firmware is required. I did my own mapping using a multimeter and found the errors from the pin mapping for the board (from the mapping that is online and from the guys selling the board). Also, gps was wrong in the mapping. regards, Andrew

I see. This means that if this FC spoils and I have to buy another one from the same store, must I have to use the same firmware, or the problem was in mine?

No, your board is good. The firmware I sent can be the official, and is to be used for all boards, also if you get a newer one. I updated the previous hex you used to reflect he changes.

A ok then Thank you

Thanks Fat for your help. I just downloaded iNav 2.2.1. Is this update included.

Thanks
Papa Duck

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.