FS-i6 mix for 6 flight modes on APM without 10ch f/w

I would like to get 6 flight modes on my APM 2.6 with my FS-i6 transmitter. With one mix setting, I have managed to get four flight modes onto Ch5. The setting I have is:
Mix #1
Mix is On
Master Ch6
Slave Ch5
Pos. mix 50%
Neg. mix 75%
Offset 0%
That gets my flight modes 1, 2, 5, and 6. I’m looking for another way to mix these switches (SwA = Ch5, SwC (3-pos) = Ch6) to get 6 flight modes, because I’m missing 3 and 4. I don’t have a firmware update cable because it didn’t come with the transmitter and I don’t want to buy one (at least not until I try this.) Can anybody help me with this?

I think if you change the 3 pos to be the master and the 2 pos switch to slave you will get all 6 flight modes.

If you get stuck just let me know as I have a video link somewhere when I was trying to figure this out on this radio.

Update: here is a video showing the process:

Thanks, now I get six different values when I look at “display” under functions setup. I will see if it works, as some values may be too close together to be on two separate flight modes.

It didn’t work, but I found out another way (pos 50% neg 0% offset 0%) which got me 5 flight modes with endpoints. That’s ok, 5 flight modes is probably enough.

Glad to hear you figured it out, would be super helpful if you can let us know what you did just incase someone else ever has the same issues as you :wink:

End points
Ch5 65% 50%

Mix #1
Mix is On
Master Ch6
Slave Ch5
Pos. mix 50%
Neg. mix 0%
Offset 0%

1 Like