Carrying lipo on plane?

Hey guys,
Can anyone telll me if any airlines let passages take 4s lipo ?

Spec -
Capacity: 6200mAh
Voltage: 4S1P / 4 Cell / 14.8V
Discharge: 40C Constant / 50C Burst
Weight: 589g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 158x46x41mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: HXT4mm

They say this -
Batteries, spare/loose, including lithium metal or lithium ion cells or batteries, for portable electronic devices must be carried in carry-on baggage only. For lithium metal batteries the lithium metal content must not exceed 2 g and for lithium ion batteries the Watt-hour rating must not exceed 100 Wh. Articles which have the primary purpose as a power source, e.g. power banks are considered as spare batteries. These batteries must be individually protected to prevent short circuits. Each person is limited to a maximum of 20 spare batteries.

edit - According to this calculation, does it mean I can take it?

Normaly if you cover the connector there should be no Problem…
However most of the airport stuff dont know about the laws so maybe print out something official that says what you are allowed to do and include your calculations.
There are also many famous People on Youtube that already talked about that.

I asked the question from CAA hopefully they will reply so I can show 3 proof from the calculation, CAA reply and what airline mentioned on website :slight_smile:

1 Like

Each airlines company is implementing those general rules that are similar for most of them. Just remember to check carefull and cross check with them. You already checked the limiting Watt factor and the condition on which you have to put your battery:

• cover the electrical pin
  • put each battery separately in a LiPo bag
  • some suggest also to have them at their storage voltage status
    Of course due to the sensitive item ill also suggest to print out the company rules and come with some extra time at the airport. You won’t want to loose your drone or your flight. :wink:

Should be fine my dad is a pilot and most battery’s are fine as long as there not massive and big

Yes, but drone batteries cannot exceed a certain capacitive parameter.

Exactly you should read the regulation about the flight company but usually is max 100W to carry on.
By the way there was a post long time open for it, try to search for it.