A 12A Brushless Whoop single board FC - GEP-12A-F4

We love the crazybee whoop FC from happymodel (yes it is true that alot of people have the ESC burn, but that is not because the FC is crap, it is because it only has 5A ESC (designed for 0803 size motors), and people are running 1103 motors on them! :scream:

But GepRC has solved that with their creatively named GEP-12A-F4 whoop flight controller:

• Model Name:GEP-12A-F4
  • MCU: STM32F411
  • IMU: MPU6000 gyro/accelerometer (SPI)
  • OSD: BetaFlight OSD w/ AT7456E chip
  • Baro:NO
  • BEC Output: 5V@1A
  • Integrated LC Filter
  • Firmware target: MATEKF411
  • Size: 28.5×28.5mm board,25.5mm mounting holes (M2)
  • Installing Hole: 25.5×25.5mm, M2
  • ESC MCU: BB21F16G
  • Continuous current: 12A
  • Input:2-4s lipo
  • Supports Dshot600 ,Oneshot,Multishot
  • Current meter: 210
  • Target: G_H_30

So this might just be the perfect cinewhoop, toothpic AIO FC :slight_smile: And yes, we will get them in stock soon :+1:

Where to Buy:

For now here are more photos:

1 Like

I hope it’s really as good as it sounds! They haven’t even bothered with those flaky SPI receivers. I just wish BEC was slightly oversized. 1A should be enough for most use cases, but seeing as these 5V BECs are the first thing to fail on most whoop boards maybe a bigger one would help.

Just took a more detailed look at the board, that’s quite a weird layout of the pads. It better be reliable! :sweat_smile:

Yeah true, good shoult about teh BEC… especially if you want to use an HD camera with it for a cinewhoop build. We are getting some so hopefully they will be good!

Look what BetaFPV just announced. Looking familiar? :thinking: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It’s totally different board because they rotated it 90 degrees :slight_smile:

1 Like

The geprc has buzzer pads :blush:
Think I’ll get one for the Mob7HD v1 frame & 10000kv motors

@Haloweenhamster thhas a cool photo comparing the two :slight_smile:

Hopefully happymodel will make something similar. As a 5A ESC on 11xx motors is just asking for trouble.

But I did quite like the SPI Rx on the crazybee, as for a whoop you don’t really need a delay Rx as you can never fly far enough away.