Mobula6 ๐ŸŸ Tiny Whoop Review: Is it actually the best tiny whoop?

Read full article at: Mobula6 ๐ŸŸ Tiny Whoop Review: Is it actually the best tiny whoop?

About a year ago Happymodel introduced the mobula7, a 75x brushless whoop that quickly become very popular as it bought impressive performance to the table for a very reasonable price. Since then, Happymodel have released a few other quads like the Mobula7 HD which brings back some customer support nightmares for us (the first version of this was basically a time-bomb as it used an under rated ESC for the motors). They then released two toothpick class quads, the Sailfly which was meh, and the larva X which although decent, did not realy stand out. But its the end ofโ€ฆ

1 Like

I see you listed the fact it ships with 3.5.7 under โ€œthe badโ€, but I think thatโ€™s one of the reasons it flies so well stock. 3.5.7 was the peak of Betaflight whoop performance, itโ€™s all been downhill from 4.0.

One upgrade Iโ€™d do to it before even taking off is the Meteor65 frame. Itโ€™s lighter, probably tougher (Iโ€™ve been bashing it quite hard and nothing broken yet + BetaFPV is known for making durable lightweight whoop frames) and has lower ducts and vertical motor struts so less disruptive to airflow.

Iโ€™m not gonna comment on the rest of components, just gonna say if you are getting one make sure you get it from a trusted reseller that will have your back :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reading @fichek, its nice to know some people actually read my article :smile:. I guess you are probably right about 3.5.7โ€ฆ And I know your opinions on Happy SadModel :slight_smile: I did not have much bad things to say about the mobula6 TBH

I do think the mobula6 canopy is stronger than meteorโ€ฆ but the rest I can agree are higher quality on the betaFPV. But given that its ~ยฃ70 vs ~ยฃ95 you can forgive some of the cheaper parts on the mobula6, plus you get extra lipos out of the box :wink:

1 Like