X4R/X4RSB Binding problems

I recently bought a used Taranis X9D to replace my DX7s and decided to start off with a clean slate by upgrading OpenTX to version 2.2. Boot loader is 2.2.0. Also upgraded the XJT (internal) to EU LBT. The X8R that came with the Tx binds no problem.
The problem for me is I bought an X4R and an X4RSB both labelled as EU LBT and neither will bind! I just get both LEDs lit constantly. I followed your guide and flashed both receivers with the latest EU LBT firmware. The operation was successful on both RXs but they still won’t bind! What am I doing wrong?

Are you sure you have set the mode on your taranis to be D16? But if everything has the latest LBT firmware then I am not sure why it is not working. When you say: [quote=“Soarer66, post:1, topic:5640”]
The operation was successful on both RXs
[/quote]

Do you mean the LED flash on your RX saying that is has bound with your radio?

Sorry for the ambiguity. No, what I meant to say is that the firmware flashing operation appeared to proceed OK.

Ok, the easiest way to check is to use another RX… do you have another, or know someone else who has one that you could try to bind with just to see. As in the past situations that we have had these problems it is either that the firmware was not loaded correctly, or the receiver was dead.

If it is the receiver that is dead, then it would be a good idea to contact the shop you purchased it from to get it replaced under warranty.