Wizard X220s Initial Setup Guide in BetaFlight

The wizard X220s takes what we love about the standard Wizard X220 and cranks it up to 11 with impressive performance. This article will help you get your Wizard X220s into the air quickly and also tweak some settings for optimal performance.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blog.dronetrest.com/wizard-x220s-initial-setup-guide-in-betaflight/

Noobie :slight_smile: I bought the Eachine Wizard X220S FPV Racer Omnibus F4 5.8G 72CH VTX 30A Dshot600 2206 2300KV 800TVL CCD ARF and I`m having problems with the Flysky FS-I6X / FS-A8S V2 communicating with the FLIGHT CONTROLLER…it binds quickly but not even BETAFLIGHT can detect the transmitter… Any suggestion on how to setup would be appreciated,thank you in advance

The guide covers what you should do to configure the recover… also worth checking if afdhs is enabled on your radio. If that fails can you add a photo showing how your reciever is connected?

Great article!

Just started to configure my x220s :slight_smile: Thinking of upgrading the FC to the latest betaflight and looking forward to your “Wizard X220S Firmware Update Guide” :slight_smile:

Hi, I just received the 220s ARF from Banggood and I did not realize that it has no receiver. Hmmm, that must be what that small plug with the white, black, and red wires attached to it is for… I am new to FPV although I have 3 DJI drones that I have flown for over a year. FPV is an entirely different animal that requires a lot of skill. I am really enjoying learning all of this new stuff and the challenge.

I own a Terran’s QX7 and I would like to know what would be the best receiver for this Quad. I am not concerned about the price as much as about quality, dependability, etc. Since the plug is already attached to the board, I assume that all I would have to do is mount the receiver and plug in the plug. I really don’t have a clue which Frsky receiver would be compatible.

Please help me in this new challenge/

Thanks,

Greg

Morning Greg,

Welcome to FPV - The only way to fly :slight_smile:

So good choice on your Transmitter here’s a couple of options for you…

FrSky XM+ Micro SBUS Receiver

FrSky R-XSR Micro SBUS/CPPM Receiver

Both will work for you… however
You may have to rewire that connector to get them to work… hows your soldering skills?

Any questions or problems just reply here.