Radiomaster TX16S Radio transmitter mk2 is not powering on.
- It got bricked while working with the live drone.
- When we tried to power on, we were unable to see any display and pulsing lights of the transmitter.
- we only hear a pulsing beat from transmitter
- so we tried to connect the transmitter to the PC, via USB cable, i.e. we had warning from PC stating that Power surge on USB port.
- We also removed the button battery and waited for 2 minutes, placed the battery again and we tried to power it on.
Then also we had the same issue.
Kindly suggest measures to overcome this problem.
I’m sorry to hear that your Radiomaster TX16S Radio transmitter mk2 is not powering on.
There are a few possible solutions that you can try:
Check the battery Power surge on the USB means your PC was providing all of the power, so its likely the battery is bad.
Reflash the firmware. If you have checked the battery and know its providing power (test with multimeter), You shoudl then try to flash new firmware onto your radio (EdgeTX) This might fix the problem if the firmware was corrupted during the live drone operation.
Replace the power switch. Some users have reported that the power switch on the TX16S is faulty and can cause the transmitter to not turn on or off properly.
Contact the manufacturer or seller. If none of the above solutions work, you might have a defective unit that needs to be replaced or repaired under warranty.
I hope this helps you to solve your problem and get your transmitter working again. Good luck!
The transmitter couldn’t connect to the pc, we are having power surge warning, when we connect using USB.
We even removed the coin battery, allowed it rest for 1 minute, then tried to power on, we had no running LEDs and there was only a pulse sound whenever we press the power button.
If you can’t connect to your PC at all, my suggestion would be to first try to flash the radio via the SD card method (download firmware from RadioMaster/EdgeTX, put it on the SD card, etc.).
This will relieve any possible firmware-related issues, but otherwise, if that doesn’t work, I think the next step would be to contact RadioMaster directly, and they will probably be able to repair the unit for you.