Props coming loose

Hi,

I’ve just finished my first quad build, and I have a bit of an issue with my propellers. I bought a motor/esc set from you, which I have no complaints about as such. However, whenever I spin my motors up, I find a propeller or two coming loose and flying off. I’ve secured the propeller by using the cone-shaped nut supplied with the motors. The process I took was by first screwing the propeller mount to the motor, then putting the washer at the bottom, followed by the propeller and finally the nut. After this I pushed an allen key through the hole in the nut and used it to tighten it as much as possible. I did this for all four props but one of them still came loose before I’d even got off the ground.

Am I doing something wrong or is this method of mounting the props just bad? As you can imagine, I’m not too excited at the prospect of one coming off when my quad is 50+ ft in the air.

Hope you can offer some advice. Thanks in advance.

Sorry about the problems, but I think this is because you put the washer in the wrong place. Please see the image for how to connect the props to the motors. Yuo will also need to make sure the top nut is very tight.