Flying with folk with DJI HD

So I’ve just started flying with someone who has just invested in the DJI HD Goggles for FPV. I’m still flying analogue (waiting for Fatshark) and I really struggle when he’s using his HD goggles due to the amount of interference that those goggles seem to cause on multiple channels.

Is anyone else experiencing this, and has anyone else found some ‘golden rules’ for flying with these DJI FPV folk?

For info; based in UK, so HD goggles aren allegedly working on 25mw and CE channels.

Move further apart. So don’t stand together. Also ensure that the channels your using are far enough apart…

Yeah of you stand abit further apart it should help alot as well as setting the channels as far apart from eachother. The reason is the DJI goggles actually transmit too to help with signal error corrections so standing further apart is quite important to avoid any interference.

That’s what I said! Lmao

1 Like

The other reason they bleed is because, even though they do use different frequencies, they are basically “in between” the analog channels we use. Along with that, and also transmitting like other poster stated, makes it easy for them to bleed over.

I agree with other posters suggestions, couple more things, looks like you’re in the UK, and even though they should be on 25mW, you could ask them what power they’re using, since they go to 700mW, and with an easy hack 1200mW. Also, make sure you’re using RHCP antennas, since DJI uses LHCP. (This doesn’t help as much as between 2 opposite direction analog systems, but it helps a little)

If you have the money I’d pull he trigger on the DJI set up, I just got mine literally yesterday, but we’re having an ice storm here in the Midwest U.S. I love Fatshark and have many of their products, and I really wanted to dislike these DJI goggles, but after all the reviews from top FPV pilots and then trying my friends, I was just too impressed. I don’t think FS is even close to having a system that good. The Frostbyte setup is out, but it’s for the current HDOs, and has only been met with mediocre reviews. Plus Caddx just came out with the Vista, a DJI camera/air unfit that’s smaller and lighter than DJI’s original air unit. Just my two cents though, happy flying!

1 Like

If there on say R1 you need to be on 3 channels above R4 you need 3 channels difference and they need to be on the lowest power output, HD and analog don’t play well together