Drone safety tests

Look like tests are going to be put in place and fines.

I’ll update this post with more information as and when I come across it.

Fly smart everyone.

1 Like

I posted abit about this a while ago when it was first suggested (should anyone want to read up about it abit more), but interesting to see how they are progressing this this that they will make us take safety tests… (annoying but at least will alert some people to the rules)

It would also be interesting to see of the 89 accidents involving aircraft and drones in the UK in 2017 - a 25% increase on the previous year, how many of them are FPV drones, as I suspect 99% of them are phantoms :stuck_out_tongue:

But abit of good news is that there are a bunch of sub 250g kits that are just as fast as bigger quads, so for those of us wanting to get a daily FPV fix will not have to much hassles (fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: ) The only thing we loose at sub 250g is flight time.

I also think they have not considered FPV drone much, as I rebuild mine at every month, so if I change something on it, do I need to re-register it?

Found some information the CAA twitter pages:

New laws being introduced today (30 May 2018) will restrict all drones from flying above 400 feet and within 1 kilometre of airport boundaries.

The new laws will also require owners of drones weighing 250 grams or more to register with the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and for drone pilots to take an online safety test to ensure the UK’s skies are safe from irresponsible flyers. These requirements will come into force on 30 November 2019.

I thought it was already the law not to fly over 400ft… :stuck_out_tongue: I guess it was just guidelines

1 Like