Before I order, what do you think?

First of all I’d like to say hi. I’m a new member with no experience of multi-rotor flying, but have done quite a bit of research. I want to get started by purchasing some decent radio gear and components, but with a budget, but solid frame (I’m anticipating a bumpy learning curve). So far I’ve opted for:
F450 QUADCOPTER FRAME
4 x BRUSHLESS MOTOR 2212Q, 850KV
QUATTRO 4X 20A ESC (QUADCOPTER ESC)
CC3D FLIGHT CONTROLLER
10X50 MULTICOPTER PROPELLER SET EPP. In black & green, 3 sets of each.
FRSKY TARANIS X9D+ RADIO CONTROL SYSTEM (MODE 2)
FRSKY D4R-II 4/8CH ACCST RECEIVER

It looks like I’m going to have to go to Hobby King for my batteries, probably Turnagy nano-tech 3S, not sure what capacity yet, I’m open to suggestions.

Is there anything I’ve got glaringly wrong with this selection, or missed out anything vital? I will probably fit a low volt indicator. Hopefully, I will be able to use most of these components later, on a better frame, maybe even stick a camera on it.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Hi John

Firstly welcome to the site and I am sure you will have fun with your quadcopter. Your logic is sound buying a decent radio while keeping the orher more breakable gear to a budget, so the f450 frame is a great one to start with, and replacement arms are quite cheap should you crash.

The motors/ESC/props you mentioned will work great but you could also consider the mt2213 motors as they are slightly cheaper if you prefer so save a few more :moneybag:.

As for future upgrades the f450 is actually a decent frame that you can add a gimbal and even retractable legs if you want.

If you have any other questions just let me know!

Thanks for the reply. Is there any significant difference in quality/performance between the 2212Q and the Emax MT2213 for the extra money?

I just changed my order to the MT2213 935KV motors, but it says “change” on the order, any reason?

Cheers.

In terms of performance between the motors I would say that they are both quite similar, the 935kv motors produce abit more thrust the 2212Q - 850Kv motors use better quality materials (better bearings / magnets) so its really up to what you prefer, for a starter quad I would say the MT2213 935Kv motors are perfect given the price and the ones I am using on my quad are still running strong after many hours of flying.