Help please with ESc

Hi there guys,

Can somebody help me please with an advice about ESC for my future build?

I have decided to take these motors for DT silver blade 240 drone build:

I understand that I need 4pcs of ESC with minimum value of 16A for example:

But if I want to use 4 in 1 ESC board, is this one for example suitable?

That value 4 in 1 ESC board 55A means that this board can power up 4 motors each with 55A or together? So for my build with motors with max current 16A each it would be not enough? (4 x 16 = 64A)

Thank you for exlanation in advance.

Using four separate ESCs for your build has the advantage of providing more flexibility in terms of placement and installation. Each individual ESC can be mounted closer to the corresponding motor, which can help reduce the amount of wire needed and improve the overall efficiency of the system. Additionally, if one of the ESCs fails, it is easier to replace a single ESC rather than a 4-in-1 board.

On the other hand, using a 4-in-1 ESC board can simplify the wiring and installation process, as it combines the functions of four separate ESCs into a single unit. This can save space and make the overall setup of the drone more streamlined. However, if the 4-in-1 board fails, it will require replacing the entire unit, which may be more expensive and time-consuming than replacing a single ESC. Additionally, the 4-in-1 board may have a lower maximum continuous current rating per channel compared to individual ESCs, which could limit the power and performance of your build.

In summary, using four separate ESCs offers more flexibility and the ability to replace individual components if needed, but a 4-in-1 ESC board can simplify the wiring and installation process. The choice between these options will depend on your specific needs and preferences for your build.

1 Like