Originally published at: https://blog.dronetrest.com/tinyhawk-s/
Looks like Emax have been at it again and improving on the already very good and popular TinyHawk now releasing the TinyHawkS. In black, cause everything looks better in black. And best of all it is the same price as the original. 👍
Where to Buy:
So lets jump right in and have a look at some of the new features.
- Newly engineered brushless motor that is both smaller to reduce weight and increase the power output of the entire aircraft.
- Utilising this this new power system, up to 20% more flight time as well as the ability to accept the higher 2S voltage.
- A dual slot mount, the camera will be able to adjust its angle.
- Newly reinforced struts.
- Moved away from the AIO flight controller design on the first tinyhawk. The S now uses a Matek F411 FC and a separate 4in1 ESC, VTX/Camera.
- Frame: the same but stronger.
- FC: MATEKF411 F4
- ESC: 5A 4in1
- Lipo: 1S/2S with pre-installed capacitor XT30.
- Different PID profiles for 1S and 2S.
- Motors: H0802 15500Kv
- Props: Avan TH Tinyhawk – with turtle mode improvements.
- Rx: Emax Tiny Rx ( Compatible with Frsky D8 / D16 ).
- VTX: 37Ch 25mW.
- Camera: 600TVL CMOS.
- Weight: 30g ( Without Lipo ).
- Maximum size: 125mm
So what do you get for your money ?
- 1x Emax TinyHawkS Drone.
- 1x Emax Case.
- 1x 1S 450mAh Lipo.
- 1x 2S 300mAh Lipo.
- 4x Spare Props.
- 1x USB charger.
Now I haven’t had a go on one of these yet but if there any thing like there predecessor they will be great fun to fly. 1S maybe better for indoor flying around your house keeping the speed down a little making it easier to handle dodging your kittens.
Then swapping to the 2S for some outdoor freestyling and racing.
With all the Emax development and improvements that have been put into including a working turtle mode, as there is nothing worse then having to walk out to turn over your quad.
The TinyHawkS should be fun for anyone and even a good start point into the hobby.
Oh these things love hair, So try not to get them stuck in anyone’s hair or be prepared for a death stare.