Do you think the new DJI 03 Air is a game changer?

Update 22 November
The unit has now been officially released here are the key features:

:white_check_mark:1080p/100fps H.265 Video Transmission with 30ms end to end latency
:white_check_mark: Backwards compatible with DJI Goggles V2 (but only at 810p) you will need DJI Goggles 2 for full 1080p FPV feed.
:white_check_mark:4K/60fps Video Recording Onboard
:white_check_mark:155° Super-Wide FOV
:white_check_mark:Frequency Auto-Switching for better reception
:white_check_mark:Canvas Mode Support

Basically take the original DJI Air unit, add 1080p FPV support, and integrate a DJI Action 2, and then you have the DJI O3, and for the price its a very good deal!

Where To Buy?

:point_down:Original Post Below :point_down:

With loads of leaks from DealsDrone and the FCC database of the upcoming DJI 03 Air unit, which is believed to be based on one used on the DJI Avata Pro View, the new unit is shaping up to be an interesting upgrade. As it should have 1080p at 100fps which will be a nice upgrade. That said they are likely using H.265 encoders which mean that its not compatible with the current generation of V2 goggles.

This makes the overall upgrade fairly pricey as you need both the air unit and the new goggles, but if you got the cash its still a nice progression in the digital FPV scene and will hopefully give Walksnail HD system the push to keep on improving their H.265 based digital FPV system.

You can see pictures over on dealdrones twitter post.

Hello,
Well Im building a quadcopter with two motors on each of the 4 axis, so its actually an octocopter. Its quite large indeed, intended to measure about 2.5m x 2.7m, I have the A3Pro and the Lightbridge 2 and coaxial motors from T-Motor with their proprietary ESCs. Then i watched the O3 and thought that would be an excellent addition, nonetheless, the O3 is incompatible either with the A3 Pro or the light bridge 2, being the latter the one its supposed to be connected to. But its not compatible except for the DJI Goggles (both versions) and a remote controller to which you can attach either an IOS phone or an Android. So basically and by al means not wanting to experiment empirically and burn things of. My guess it that i can connect the O3 to the DJI goggles (new version) and control the drone via the remote that came with the Lightbridge 2. Yet i would be loosing i do not know what sort of issues.

So basically, and i hope someone is familiar to this. Would this even be possible? im guessing it is, and by all means ill try, but opinions would pretty much come in handy.

By the way i do think Dji O3 Air unit is indeed an overhaul of the DJI Digital FPV System.

I appreciate your contribution.

1 Like