Iris camera mount

Thanks Jim!

The attached link appears to be for GoPro mount. Do you have a similar file for MK3?

Thanks so much for the prompt response and sharing your IP!

mb

Sorry Michael,

I’m still in holiday mode :slight_smile:

I fixed one of these to the Iris, 3DR IRIS mounting bracket for DYS 3 axis Gimbel by Ferdinand128 - Thingiverse then a phantom anti vibe plate in between the gopro mount DJI Phantom GoPro Mount by delandtmic - Thingiverse and camera mount

1 Like

Jim,

Thanks so much! I will work on getting these printed locally. I really appreciate your help with sending over this great info.

Cheers! mb

Jim, like the setup in the photo, where did you get the anti vibe mount from (white pience in the photo)? Im having trouble finding one that fits the IRIS undercarriage. So far, Ive been using industry strength velcro rather than glue :slight_smile:

Malcolm

ps did you manage to print that extension arm ?

Hi Malcolm,

This is where I found the plate,
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/quadcopters/spares/dji-phantom-vision-damping-brackets

I popped some prints in the post yesterday, should be with you soon.

Thanks Jim, items arrived safely. Very nice :slight_smile: Much appreciated. Found the anti-vibe mount and attached. Ive got a canon SX260 - what camera, ISO and shutter settings do you use for your aerial shots ? Thanks

Malcolm

Malcolm,

I found the SX230-260 a bit to heavy so went with the Canon S90 and S100. I’m getting 99% sharp shots in TV mode @1/1000, Auto WB, Auto ISO. This set up is for Photogrammetry and works really well.

Are these CHDK settings or camera settings ? if CHDK, I am having difficulty working our which paramers to alter, can you point me to the right settings for the TV mode @1/1000, Auto WB, Auto ISO? Thanks

Camera setting, Put the camera in TV mode and dial in 1/1000. The only thing you need CHDK to do is the intervalmeter set to maybe 3 secs.or 5 secs

Mk4

1 Like

Has anyone discovered the dent on the fly-time with a s100 or similar on an Iris? Now looking at an Iris+, but would like to use with a downward facing s100…

Thanks!
Chris

With my Iris developer edition I’m getting 10 min’s with the camera and mount in the photo above. Most important upgrade so far is that I’m using this battery, it fits a treat in the bay.
Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking
I’d love the Iris plus, I did hear there was an upgrade route from Iris to Iris +. Anyone else heard this?

Hi Jim,
Thanks much. My guess is that the Iris+ would have a similar s100 flight-time because of the 5100mah battery that is standard. Any idea how much I could image (roughly; yes, height, ect. matters)? Looks like the upgrade kit is only $199, but is out of stock; has a useful comparison of the upgrade through the link: https://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris-plus-upgrade-kit.

Thanks,
Chris

There will be an upgrade kit from IRIS to IRIS+ but no official dates or prices yet.

Excellent, I’ll keep an eye out for that.

Here’s a link to the Iris+ upgrade.
https://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris-plus-upgrade-kit
It’s supposed to start shipping on 10/8. Looks like a worthwhile upgrade.

@Jim
What props are you running on your Iris? I keep thinking there’s got to be something more efficient than those cheap plastic APC props that came with it. I’m so impressed with your setup! Both flight time and the fact that you’re getting usable images from the S100. Everything I’ve read has led me to believe that it I wouldn’t be able to get usable images from the S100 on a multirotor because of the blurring caused by the image stabization. If this works, it would be so awesome, I already have an Iris and an S100. Just need to figure out how to get that mount. Are there services that will print them?
Thanks, Mike

Hay Mike,

I’m running these props from the shop… http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/10x50-propeller-set-carbon-fibre-reinforced.html

Balanced of course.

I switched image stabilization off and went with a high shutter speed i.e. 1/1000.

This is the mount I used . DJI Phantom 2, Camera mount for Panasonic GM1 by lb_supertec - Thingiverse. glued to a Iris Tarot mount

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information about the camera mount for the Canon S100 or S90. I just placed an order with a local 3D printing shop for one (DJI Phantom 2, Camera mount for Panasonic GM1 by lb_supertec - Thingiverse). I already have a tarot gimbal for gopro hero3 for the IRIS (waiting for the IRIS+ upgrade kit to arrive), and I am wondering how you connected this camera mount to the gimbal. I know you mentioned glue - but is there a better way? Did you simply remove the gimbal controller and brushless gimbals and attach the 3D printed mount?

Thanks for your help!

Erik

Hi erik,

I printed this, 3DR IRIS mounting bracket for DYS 3 axis Gimbel by Ferdinand128 - Thingiverse then used some 5 min epoxy. I have the developer Iris so you will have to check to see things are compatible, A bit rough but works really well. .

Great, I will try it out!
Erik