Hybrid drone (gas-electric) now in production

Hi, my name is Nicolai Valenti and I’m the founder of Sadwich Aero, after almost one year here is what we (I and the co-founder Giovanni Mastronardo) achieved

Wheelbase: 1000mm
No payload weight: 4.5kg (no fuel)
Max take-off Weight: 10 kg
Max speed: 10m/s
Max flight time: Over 4 hours
Voltage: 22V
Generator output: 1 kw
Generator weight: 1.6 kg
Fuel tank: 1L (Customizable)
Fuel consumption: 800g/H(Max)

An internal combustion engine consumes gasoline and spins a generator to ensure a 22V output. Besides this, a 6S lipo battery package is also installed onboard to offer emergency back-up power for quick climbing and quick maneuvering.

With 1kg payload, the flight time is more than 3 hours, and with 3kg payload like a high-end camera, the flight time will be still more than 1 hour.

Check out it here: www.sandwichdrones.it

Our hybrid drone is powered by the GS1000 Gas Generator

This generator is suitable for UAV systems able to lift 1.6 kg plus the fuel weight, with a maximum power usage of 1KW.

Fuel consumption: 800g/kwh

Generator weight: 1600g

Accessories weight: 150g (backup battery)

Generator dimensions: 21 x 16 x 9 cm

All our carbon fiber parts are CNC made.

1 Like

You have a Gas powered drone…

Thats just cool

Now can you make it small enough so I can run it on my free style builds.

You have done something no other company i have found has done, and i have looked, oh man have i looked.

You have made a 6S sized gas generator to create a hybrid drone. and you have it for sale under $9,000.00USD. Every other system i have found is 12S rated, or they offer a 6s, but the starting price is around twice as much as your starting price. The moment i can afford to purchase a unit, i will be buying one.

You have made my day, my week and possibly my month. Much congratulations to you and your partner have done. Clear skies and calm winds to both of you.

Hi, what about vibration from the engine?

Hi, we made an anti-vibration platform that eliminate the worst vibrations and allows to fly stable

Thank you very much, I think no one has ever appreciated our work so much, thank you

A gas powered drone just fall out of the sky if you have an engine failure.

What will it do when the gas isn’t enough?A battery that can offer enough power to let it land maybe is necessary.

[quote=“Sandwich_Aerospace, post:1, topic:6732”]
An internal combustion engine consumes gasoline and spins a generator to ensure a 22V output. Besides this, a 6S lipo battery package is also installed onboard to offer emergency back-up power for quick climbing and quick maneuvering.
[/quote].
:::
There is a battery!