Iris camera mount

Camera setting, Put the camera in TV mode and dial in 1/1000. The only thing you need CHDK to do is the intervalmeter set to maybe 3 secs.or 5 secs

Mk4

1 Like

Has anyone discovered the dent on the fly-time with a s100 or similar on an Iris? Now looking at an Iris+, but would like to use with a downward facing s100ā€¦

Thanks!
Chris

With my Iris developer edition Iā€™m getting 10 minā€™s with the camera and mount in the photo above. Most important upgrade so far is that Iā€™m using this battery, it fits a treat in the bay.
Radio Control Planes, Drones, Cars, FPV, Quadcopters and more - Hobbyking
Iā€™d love the Iris plus, I did hear there was an upgrade route from Iris to Iris +. Anyone else heard this?

Hi Jim,
Thanks much. My guess is that the Iris+ would have a similar s100 flight-time because of the 5100mah battery that is standard. Any idea how much I could image (roughly; yes, height, ect. matters)? Looks like the upgrade kit is only $199, but is out of stock; has a useful comparison of the upgrade through the link: https://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris-plus-upgrade-kit.

Thanks,
Chris

There will be an upgrade kit from IRIS to IRIS+ but no official dates or prices yet.

Excellent, Iā€™ll keep an eye out for that.

Hereā€™s a link to the Iris+ upgrade.
https://store.3drobotics.com/products/iris-plus-upgrade-kit
Itā€™s supposed to start shipping on 10/8. Looks like a worthwhile upgrade.

@Jim
What props are you running on your Iris? I keep thinking thereā€™s got to be something more efficient than those cheap plastic APC props that came with it. Iā€™m so impressed with your setup! Both flight time and the fact that youā€™re getting usable images from the S100. Everything Iā€™ve read has led me to believe that it I wouldnā€™t be able to get usable images from the S100 on a multirotor because of the blurring caused by the image stabization. If this works, it would be so awesome, I already have an Iris and an S100. Just need to figure out how to get that mount. Are there services that will print them?
Thanks, Mike

Hay Mike,

Iā€™m running these props from the shopā€¦ http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/10x50-propeller-set-carbon-fibre-reinforced.html

Balanced of course.

I switched image stabilization off and went with a high shutter speed i.e. 1/1000.

This is the mount I used . DJI Phantom 2, Camera mount for Panasonic GM1 by lb_supertec - Thingiverse. glued to a Iris Tarot mount

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the information about the camera mount for the Canon S100 or S90. I just placed an order with a local 3D printing shop for one (DJI Phantom 2, Camera mount for Panasonic GM1 by lb_supertec - Thingiverse). I already have a tarot gimbal for gopro hero3 for the IRIS (waiting for the IRIS+ upgrade kit to arrive), and I am wondering how you connected this camera mount to the gimbal. I know you mentioned glue - but is there a better way? Did you simply remove the gimbal controller and brushless gimbals and attach the 3D printed mount?

Thanks for your help!

Erik

Hi erik,

I printed this, 3DR IRIS mounting bracket for DYS 3 axis Gimbel by Ferdinand128 - Thingiverse then used some 5 min epoxy. I have the developer Iris so you will have to check to see things are compatible, A bit rough but works really well. .

Great, I will try it out!
Erik