Iris camera mount

Will sell them soon on our website (unmannedtechshop) but just waiting for the Iris quadcopter consumer version to be ready as the mounds might require some adjustment.

If you have a developer Iris quad then I can make a gimbal mount for you? Depending on the camera you are using you might want to ask @Jim as he might sell you his Iris mount that he made.

Where can you get one of these cuties? I want to fly with an old Nikon before I risk my Hero 3

You can order an Iris quadcopter from our shop, we should have some more arriving in a couple weeks. Otherwise the gimbal mount will become available after we have more Iris quads in stock.

Jim, I would like to mount a camera beneath an IRIS quadcoptor in a similar way (Canon point and shoot), would you be willing to share your design and provide some guidance on how you controlled the camera? Thanks Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

First off you need one of these…
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Any-Camera-to-GoPro-Adapter-1-4-Tripod-Thread-to-GoPro-HERO-Mounts-/271429687091?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f32785733

Then a small gopro extension arm. If you pm me your address I can 3d print one for you.

I use a Canon s90 with the CHDK installed so we have access to an interval meter set to 3 seconds + the s90 has TV mode, which I set to 1/1000 ish for sharp photos.

Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Jim.

Thanks Jim, this does make sense. I have a canon A2500 with CHDK installed and using DroneMapper intervalometer with 5 secs delay and trying to attach it to my IRIS quadcoptor for aerial photos (looking downwards). Would really appreciate the attachment, how do I PM you on this site ? Sorry bit of a newbie :slight_smile: - Malcolm

To PM another user just click on their profile pic. Otherwise you can search for the username in the search box and do the same thing :smile:

Guy’s
Just to complicate matters here is the Mk3 (untested due to gale of wind) Iris Tarot mount glued to Phantom anti vibe plate.

Well, its worth a try :smiley:

Sorry, cant seem to find how to message once I click on the profile picture. Can you provide some more pointers, please :slight_smile:

Just click on the users icon and you should see the private message button appear on the profile view as shown below :smile:

Otherwise if you are on the actual profile page of a user you should see a blue Private Message button near the top of hte page, just below the users Icon.

Hi Jim,

I stumbled across your posting regarding a fixed camera mount for Canon and IRIS. I have an sx260 that I would like to mount as you have shown in this posting. Would it be possible for me to purchase one from you and/or request the design file? Will this fit sx260 and/or can it be persuaded to fit? What did you think of the of the GoPro extension adapter route, did it effect balancing of the IRIS too much?

Thanks so much for any direction you can provide!
mb

Hi Michael,

If you have access to a 3d printer you can find the files needed here… Straight GoPro mounts by 3D_CC_design - Thingiverse.

Part of the reason to move the mount from the provided gopro fixing was to have the weight move toward the centre of gravity.

I think I’m right in saying the sx260 is a bit heavier than the s90 I use, but should work fine.

I wonder if it would be worth Alex( this sites owner ) putting together a point and shoot Iris mount kit?

Thanks Jim!

The attached link appears to be for GoPro mount. Do you have a similar file for MK3?

Thanks so much for the prompt response and sharing your IP!

mb

Sorry Michael,

I’m still in holiday mode :slight_smile:

I fixed one of these to the Iris, 3DR IRIS mounting bracket for DYS 3 axis Gimbel by Ferdinand128 - Thingiverse then a phantom anti vibe plate in between the gopro mount DJI Phantom GoPro Mount by delandtmic - Thingiverse and camera mount

1 Like

Jim,

Thanks so much! I will work on getting these printed locally. I really appreciate your help with sending over this great info.

Cheers! mb

Jim, like the setup in the photo, where did you get the anti vibe mount from (white pience in the photo)? Im having trouble finding one that fits the IRIS undercarriage. So far, Ive been using industry strength velcro rather than glue :slight_smile:

Malcolm

ps did you manage to print that extension arm ?

Hi Malcolm,

This is where I found the plate,
http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/quadcopters/spares/dji-phantom-vision-damping-brackets

I popped some prints in the post yesterday, should be with you soon.

Thanks Jim, items arrived safely. Very nice :slight_smile: Much appreciated. Found the anti-vibe mount and attached. Ive got a canon SX260 - what camera, ISO and shutter settings do you use for your aerial shots ? Thanks

Malcolm

Malcolm,

I found the SX230-260 a bit to heavy so went with the Canon S90 and S100. I’m getting 99% sharp shots in TV mode @1/1000, Auto WB, Auto ISO. This set up is for Photogrammetry and works really well.

Are these CHDK settings or camera settings ? if CHDK, I am having difficulty working our which paramers to alter, can you point me to the right settings for the TV mode @1/1000, Auto WB, Auto ISO? Thanks