F3 6DOF, wizard x220 connects won't flash betaflight tho

betaflight 3.1.7 or any version for that matter won’t flash says bootloader failed. Drivers are in order no issues with blhelisuite or even connecting to current betaflight that’s stock. Do I need to jump out bins? If so pls post pic of it . The board with jumpers connected if anyone knows how or if there’s anoth method other than that

Hi, yeah it’s likely that you need to hold the bootloader button/pins and also might want to set the flash options to flash on connect and set a manual baud rate for it to work.

We have a full guide here on you to flash and setup the wizard

I’ve had this issue a few times. Some boards have a boot button, but most have through holes that you have to solder pins in and make up a 2pin connector to short them out. Click on full chip erase, download your version from the internet, and flash when ready. Unless something else is wrong, it should flash successfuly

You have to solder them in, I’ve read paper clip personally I cut gold coaxial cable and it’s perfect gauge into pin holes. Didn’t think you would want permanently jumped out no?

I think they need to be to insure good connection, but if you have something to use for pins that fit snuggly, it could be worth a try to make up a jumper with those pins, plug it in and give it a try. If that doesn’t work you can always unsold the boot pins after flashing.

Thanks guys got it first two times out put it in my lap and held pins down real firm and push USB in snug and third times a charm. Truly thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Andrew (the new guy)

Glad to hear YOU made it work

Yes but since I can’t get radio to pair? I hope it’s something really stupid like I unplugged something while tucking wires back in cause just taking break walk the puppy and taking coverings off. Fingers crossed.

I don’t know what I did one connection it worked. Went to bed next day no response? Is the FC boards blue light always supposed to be on? Beside uart1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Z0rTVEkHI

Should you need to this is how you bind the tx to Rx, as sometimes they might loose binding for whatever the reason.

But happy you seen to have gotten it working, happy flying :slight_smile:

I got it I knew it was so ething I did so kept away from this thread to figure it out myself. I was skipping step so blattenly obvious wasn’t putting it he radio to receive binding lol. But thanks all for your help READY TO FLY. And I learned there’s no such thing as RTF models. This has no beeper taking one off one of my JJpro P200s, the ESCs on wizard two came with 16.6 flash d two with 16.5, no modes were setup whatsoever, no failsafe was setup so year to fly away maybe.

Yes mine is losing binding constantly mere minutes after it binds, should I switch to ibus connection? And what’s involved with doing that do I need extra cables or just switch to port on other side of FC.

Can’t fly it I set it up get outside lost binding. It’s happening more frequently can’t get thru betaflight setups without loosing it now??

It’s now an RTF, but had issues with dshot. As soon as throttle past 1500 won’t reduce throttle and climbed on it’s own only disarm or fail said stopped throttle climb so back on multi shot. Anyone else have dshot problems.