Challenge (June, 2019)
Prize - 1x Custom “Toothpick” class build kit - exact parts to be announced soon™ but it will be a high performance 2S version, without an RX so you can add whichever you need.
This month is all about chasing. Your goal is to pick a moving target and lock onto it. Keep it close, keep it smooth, get some interesting angles. Rules and pointers:
- Keep it safe!*
- Keep your eyes on the target most of the time
- Keep a fixed-ish distance if possible
- Keep it smooth
- Keep it close, but…
- Don’t hit the target! (unless it’s another quad, then an accidental bump might be fun )
- Bonus points if you can incorporate some tricks around your target or get in front of it/under it etc.
- It’s ok to have multiple targets - you can try to keep more than one in shot or switch between them
- Video should be new and done / posted within the month of June 2019.
- 60 seconds or less - I won’t set the minimum time because if you somehow get to chase a rhinoceros like JohnnyFPV then 2 seconds might be enough (footage doesn’t have to be continuous, but longer shots are preferred, editing skills will be appreciated but not judged)
- Quad size and camera type don’t matter, it’s all about the subject and keeping the shots interesting
* If you’re chasing eg. other people’s vehicles, please have their consent. Don’t do it on a busy public road etc. Coordinate your moves in advance or live via phone etc. If you’re chasing an animal try not to get too close or do it for too long to give the poor thing a heart attack.
Deadline: - June 30th 2019 23:59 BST
Judge - @fichek
Here’s a couple of my chase videos for inspiration, one chasing a plane and one with young motocross riders: