How to choose the right motor for your multicopter drone

hello i have taror tyi-5008 400kv motor for quadcopter. its maximum current is 24A for 15 inch prop. i have used 30A esc but esc get busted.

Sometimes ESC can fail for other reasons, or even something like the motor jamming with the ground in a crash can cause an ESC to burn out tooā€¦ Lastly Did you use the correct voltage with your motor and ESC?

Sorry for butting in Tech1 butā€¦i understand what Med_Alg is saying about is estimations because i am building one with about the same weight/motors but what i canā€™t get me head roundā€¦lol is what Lipo battery to get? :thinking: the motors will be either 380kv or 580kv, it saying that those two motors ive mentioned both use 4 to 6s lipoā€™s, either 22.2V or 14.8V, will i need to buy either a 12000 or 16000mAh,? i havenā€™t a clue about C rating, i thought building a bird and getting it to fly was easyā€¦lol Geee man what have i got myself into :wink: and please donā€™t baffle me with to much scienceā€¦lol

Iā€™m thinking about building a quadcopter, Iā€™m estimating a frame + components of 2.5 KG

So, Iā€™m trying to find out how much thrust each motor needs to provide as I want to hover about 50% of throttle.

2500 grams X 2 X 1.2 (the 20%) = 6000 grams total
6000 grams / 4 motors = 1500 grams

I just wanted to know if Iā€™m right or thereā€™s anything Iā€™m missing.
Would you please suggest me a good motor for this kinda weight.

you need something like this.

hi, iā€™m building tricopter of total weight 10kg (by 2:1 ratio 20kg)so each motor need 6.6kg of trust. can anyone suggest me the right motors, escā€™s, flight controllers, battery, etcā€¦