What to buy? I'm a complete newbie

Hi folks. I’m completely new in the game. I’m looking to purchase a platform to get started doing aerial photography / video. I’m planning to start with a DJI Phantom 2 Vision plus. Is anyone aware of a better platform or something more weather proof with the same features for around the same price or maybe a bit more? Thanks in advance. Baz

I think in terms of having something that is super easy to use then the phantom is a great place to start, but there are other alternatives (like the X350 Pro) which are much cheaper and are also very easy to use. The only thing that is not so great is the user manual, but if you have any questions you can always ask here and one of us will help :slight_smile:

However if you want to get a platform that you can hack a little in the future to expand features then I would highly suggest the X350 Pro quadcopter.

Good stuff. I appreciate the reply admin :slight_smile: I’ll take a look at the X350 and weigh up my options. I’ll no doubt have a few more questions in the future. Thanks again for the advice.

No problem, if you have any other questions please let me know. Also one more thing about the X350, there are two quadcopters, the X350 and the X350 Pro, so dont get too confused about the two as I would avoid the X350 as it uses a rather poor flight controller, but the X350 Pro has a much bigger battery and uses a arducopter based flight controller which has very good performance.