What is needed with the QAV ZMR 250 MINI DIY QUADCOPTER KIT to complete build?

Hello,
I’m looking to build a basic drone over Christmas and had a couple of questions.

I saw your “QAV ZMR 250 MINI DIY QUADCOPTER KIT” and it looked really good value, but it mentioned that I need to also buy : “battery, charger and R/C controller”

As I have no experience of building a drone before, would you be able to recommend which additional items I need to buy from your site? Bare in mind that I’m a first time user, so the basic stuff will be fine for me!

Also you mentioned about tools and a soldering iron - am I able to buy these from your store? Want to make sure that I have everything I need to build it …

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in this product and in this field all together! Welcome to the community! So, the recommended extra kit for the ZMR 250 is:

Unfortunately, we do not currently sell a soldering iron kit but you can find a cheap beginners soldering kit on amazon

To add FPV, I would suggest something like the Fatshark Teleporter Kit will be a great starting point as it includes all the parts you need, but you can also buy some slightly better equipment such as the fatshark dominator or Headplay HD as listed below since it is a better FPV headset with higher resolution.

As a note, you may want to consider an alternative charger and radio control depending on your wants/ goals in this field. The ones I have recommended above are fine beginner products (cheap) but you may want to get more expensive items so that you can expand into other drones and more advanced equipment. For example, you may want to look at the Imax B6 mini charger as this is a great little charger and reliable for future use. Also, instead of the Radiolink radio, we also sell the FrSky Taranis X9D+ radio system. This is a great radio that can be used for almost all UAV uses and so it is worth considering these options if you want to expand your knowledge in this field. Please note that you need to buy a receiver with the Taranis radio whereas the Radiolink control package comes with a receiver.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, please let me know.