Taranis X9D+ or Taranis Q X7 - which is better to buy?

Frsky have recently released a new entry level radio called the Taranis Q X7 which you can think of as a simplified version of the Taranis X9D+. Other than the lower price of the Q X7, what are the real differences between the two? And why should you get the

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blog.dronetrest.com/taranis-x9d-or-taranis-q-x7-which-is-better-to-buy/

The QX7 is definitely the sweet spot for features versus cost. I picked up an X9D last summer when I was first getting into 250 sized racing quads. If the QX7 had been available then I would have picked it up instead. I’m trying to get a few friends into racing quads this summer so I picked up a QX7 about a month ago and have been really impressed with it especially at half the cost of the X9D it’s a really great transmitter.

I’m debating this myself, and really can’t make up my mind.

I’m about to get started with FPV, and don’t want to regret my decision - something which happens often when I don’t research. Yet, this time round, the more I research, the more I get confused.

Some people recommend the X9D+ … whilst others say the QX7 is more than enough, and I’m just left here wondering what the heck I should buy …

Stumped. Can anyone who has either pipe in please?

Having used both I would recommend the Qx7. It feels like a better radio (even though it is cheaper), and has 100% functionality with 99% of the features. To be honest not even experts in fpv notice the missing features as they are extremely specific. Hope that helps you work out your answer

1 Like

Fantastic @unmannedtech - thanks for that, that’s finally resolved my dilemma!

I have just purchased the taranis q x7 and i love it. I’ve never owned the x9d but the qx7 has more functions then I know what to do with. Coming from dx6i and have had nothing but problems.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s the best part of frsky radios… and you can even script custom functions with Lia if you want to go deep into the rabbit hole :rabbit2:

1 Like

Awesome guys, thanks for your feedback, so that’s my first headache sorted :slight_smile: There’s another one coming though!

1 Like

Happy to help… and yeah probably not the last… but that’s why we are all here to help each other out :slight_smile:

1 Like