Problems calibrating emax ecs & motors can any one help

got my first racing quad all setup up nighthawk 280 pro ARF but my esc & motors ar out of sync and calibrations in cleanflight

Hi William
Firstly tell us which ESC’s you have.
have you tried BL Heli suite to update f/w to latest level.
Connection can be troublesome, with the early EMAX ESC’s I needed to connect directly to the processor programming pads and use Arduino UNO board to connect with BL Heli Suite.
But lets see exactly what you have and we can take it from there…
Cheers
Steve :slight_smile:

It will be a good idea to update your esc to the latest version of blheli as Steve suggested as then you can also use cleanflight pass through mode so you can setup all 4esc at once :smiley:.

However you can still calibrate your esc without blheli suite directly within cleanflight by doing the following:

• first remove your props
  • connect your quad to cleanflight via USB
  • double check in the config tab to make sure max throttle is set to 2000
  • in the motors tab check the safety box so it will enable the motor outputs on your board only if your props are removed!
  • move the master slider all the way to the top
  • connect your lipo’s battery to power your esc/motors.
  • after a series of beeps the esc will enter calibration mode, then lower the slider back down to zero and the esc should beep again to confirm the calibration.
  • now if you move the slider back up all motors should start ans spin at the same time.

When in set up, after first set of beeps, hit stop . I’ve noticed if you wait too long , you’ll get different set points on escs. It might take a couple of times to get them all even, but it’s due to the length between start , battery, stop. Just my experience

Hiya I watched two videos on YouTube showing this but I couldn’t work out exactly how to do it lol
Iv just replaced it with the f3 deluxe & racestar 4in1 blHeli 20A esc & pdb it’s all installed and setup but when I was doing motor testing in cleanflight motor’s working but when I raise the master past halfway the motors stop and esc start bleeping and when I pull master down under halfway they start bleeping and motors start up again lol but the wire I used for the esc to the motors was a balance leads I had and I don’t know if there ar causing this problem I tried asking a few guys what gage of wire to use but they never got back to me so I used balance leads I had what size of wire should be used to wire motors up to esc
And thanks very much for getting back to me and the other guys sorry I couldn’t get login I forgot my password lol. But thanks very much guys

Hiya thanks very much but I got pissed of with it lol and just finished installing the f3 deluxe & racestar 4in1 blHeli 20A esc & pdb everything good motors working but when I raise the master past halfway the motors stop and esc start bleeping and when I pull master down under halfway they start bleeping and motors start up again lol but it was balance leads I used to wire motors up to esc if the wire wasn’t big enough would it cause this problem or something else lol and thanks very much for getting back to me

Hiya it’s the emax 280 pro version Ib ended up taking it out and put in f3 deluxe & racestar 4in1 blHeli esc &pdb everything looking good but iv now got another we problem when I raise the master past halfway the motors stop and esc start bleeping and when I pull master down under halfway they start bleeping and motors start up again lol can you tell me if the wire I used to wire motors up to esc wasn’t heavy enough would it cause this its fine until I raise the master past halfway it’s the only thing I can think of stevie and thanks very much for getting back to me