Omnibus F3 AIO quickstart guide

Hello. New to building. Some assistance please. I am using an XSR receiver connected to J8. I updated the firmware but it blinks red and green when powered on. Reading some of the comments here, do I need to solder the sbus pad to make the receiver work properly?

Also I am thinking connecting my camera and vtx to the 5v and 12v bec on my pdb. Is that ok?

Hi. Is this diagram of Omnibus F3 wire right?

Hi,
I am new in betaflight (i had before mission planner with a apm 2.8)
I changed my FC for this FC, and i connected a flysky fs x6b in ppm mode:
works fine when i set a quad x, but does not works when i set my hexa x copter
thanks for your reply
Thierry

wich betaflight version do i need for this flight controller

The latest one… should be 3.2.2 at the time of this post

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: First ever build. Transmitter only controls drone when plugged into pc

where do i have to connect my pdb
and what pdb ports do i need for this fc i have the Matek Systems PDB-XT60 W/ BEC 5V & 12V 2oz Copper for RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor

if someone can send me a photo or a clear explanation I would appreciate it

You connect your pdb to the vcc and -ve pins assuming your pdb outputs battery voltage.

If pdb outputs 5v, then you connect it to the TV/gnd pins next to the motor connectors

Hola!
Como puedo conectar el Receptor FS-iA10B del FlySky por i-bus en la omnibus f3? Que parámetros he de poner en Betaflight o inav?

Muchas gracias

Hi can I use 20a little bee secs with f3 board ??

Yes you can :slight_smile: You can pretty much use any Blheli, BLheli_s ESC with this board.

Glad to be in the group. I’m trying to set up a 350 hex with Inav on the Omnibus F3 V1.1 and have an issue with motors 5 and 6. Only 1-4 show up. I’m seeing somewhere that pwm 5 is used for leds. What’s that all about? Is there a way I can map pwm 5 and pwm 6 to be what they’re supposed to be, motor pins?

can you change the drop down box from Quad X to Hex.

Then click Save and Reboot

Yes, I’ve checked off hex X. I’ve solved the problem. Seems if there’s anything connected to uart 6 then pwm 5 and 6 are reassigned to another function. Seeing as uart 6 the traditional connection for the receiver I had to switch the receiver to uart 1. Gnd, rx, +5v. If uart 6 is left empty all motors show up. So, if you’re building a hex you only have 2 available uarts, uart 1 for the receiver, uart 2 for GPS, and of course i2c for compass. Uart 6 must be left unassigned in Inav. I suspect this is true in Betaflight and Cleanflight as well although I haven’t tried those. Hope this helps others trying to build a GPS hex in Inav. It took some digging to discover this.

1 Like

Hola Jesus! tengo el mismisimo problema. Lo has podido solucionar?

hola, si lo pude hacer. Hay que configurar el failsafe en la emisora también. Hay muchos videos en YouTube de como hacerlo. Te será muy útil. Saludos y espero haberte ayudado. Buenos vuelos!

I’m sorry… doesn’t know it was only in english. The fact is: i have a Flysky RC with an FS iA10B receiver… my FC is the flip32 omnibus F3. When I do the connection via the uart3/ppm/sbus, the drone works well, but when I turn off my transmitter, the failsafe doesn’t work. I configured it in the betaflight and in the transmitter, but nothing happen. I tried to connecting via uart2 and ibus, but this doesn’t work too. Any suggestions?
Thanks again and sorry for my poor English.
Ricardo Bordenave from Buenos Aires

First off…

Thanks for setting testing and setting up fail safe… Some people skip this step on there build or just don’t test it.

Have you had a read of this guide I found online??
https://www.propwashed.com/ibus-betaflight-guide/

I think your English may be better than mine

A post was split to a new topic: Omnibus F3 OIA LED connection

Hi. I’ve got a problem. Im using this FC and a FlySky i6 transmitter and also a Fs a8s receiver. Im in Betaflight 3.0.1 version and when i want to go to the receiver section my receiver tabs doesn’t move. Also when i go to configuration and i select the receiver Ibus when i save and reboot then, automatically it says spektrum receiver instead of ibus. I dont know how to solve it and i have activated the serial rx in UART 3 . Can someone help me? Thanks