Naze 32 Revision 6 Flight Controller Guide

On “Typical Naze32 Connection diagram” if I am not mistaken, the ESC to motor connections wiring are wrong. The clockwise rotating esc’s should have two wires reversed while the counter clockwise rotating motors should be straight through.
Thanks

With most blheli ESC it actually doesn’t matter as you can just switch the direction with software anyways. I actually cant remember the last time I paid attention to the motor to ESC wiring :stuck_out_tongue:

Alex
Yes, I know you can use BLHeli to change it but not everyone has an ESC with BLHeli bootloader/firmware.
I had a friend that followed your diagram few days ago and got it wrong. Don’t forget that a lot of new guys are the ones that actually look at tutorials like this.
Take it for what it is worth.

@mlpfw Thats a very good point, and I did not notice that the diagram was wrong until you pointed it out so I have fixed it now :slight_smile:

When I was writing this guide it was rather late at night and I used our diagram from our ZMR250 build guide which has the correct ESC wiring on it, and for some odd reason I switched it around. So thanks again for pointing that out!

thanks so much ! I have the taranis with the 8XR with the rev6 board. How to i get the telemetry info back to the controller thanks !

Check out our smart port telemetry guide which will tell you how to do it.

Hi there Alex.
I’m still a bit confused here, as your “pinout”, “close-up” & '“typical” diagrams are conflicting in what that connection does. These types of diagrams are helpful to someone like me who has never picked up a Naze ever, but I fear if I wire a buzzer how your pinout diagram shows, but look at the close-up diagram, that buzzer will be permanently buzzing. I’m also assuming that the Naze gets its power from a bec esc?

Thanks

Hey, thanks for your feedback, I was pretty sure I updated the diagram to make things abit clearer but not sure what happened, so I will get this updated to make it as clear as possible.

And I see the problem with the closeup diagram, so I will update that, but for the buzzer, that is how you connect it as the software controls when it beeps, its just the closeup diagram (Naze32-Rev6-pinout3.jpg) which is wrong.

Hey Alex.

Cheers mate. Thought I was going mad when I read through the feed & then looked at the diagrams. I’ll be picking your brains for more info when I’m back off my hols.

Lee

Sure no problem, good to have some feedback to make the guides even better :slight_smile: Enjoy your holiday :sunny:

Hi Alex.

Does this Naze support OnsShot ESCs?

Lee

Yes they do, actually any flight controller that runs cleanflight supports oneshot ESC :smiley:

Hi Alex,

I find contradictory motor layouts on Google (motor 1,2,3,4).

In your diagram motor 2 is on the front right leg but connected to port 3. Is this correct? Or should motor 2 and 3 be switched?

Thanks.

Thanks for pointing that out, and you are correct, motor 1 hoes to output 1, 2 goes to 2 , 3 to 3 etc… so I need to get the diagram updated.

Actually surprised it took so long for anyone to spot that mistake! When I build my quads I usually just open cleanflight and use the diagram there for motor/ESC order so did not pick it up on the diagram :disappointed:

Hi,

first of all thank you for collecting and sharing all this information.
In the pinout-picture it looks to me that the 3.3V have to be fed into the naze-board because the arrow is pointing towards the pin/board.
In the following picture(the closeup of the auxillary connectors) its the other way around: the arrow points away from the board (which I assume is correct).

Regards

Hi all.
Nice tutorial.
I’m having problems with my OrangeRx R615X receiver.
I used the BIND channel to use with ppm connection (like everyone said) but it doesn’t work, it doesn’t even power up.
What do i have to do ?

Thx in advance.

The Rev 5 had 5v and GND exchanged for the PPT connection, making it incompatible with a standard servo connector. It seems the Rev 6 put them in the “correct” order.

Would you have connected your RX with the same wiring as the Rev 5 which would have worked?

hello guys i have a problem with Tarans X4R smartport and GPS on NAZE32 rev6…
i connected the X4r like this

and works fine with the SoftSerial1 to smartport…

But when i connect the GPS to SoftSerial 2 ports 7,8 GPS is enabled and working good but i instantly lost the Telemetry on my Taranis…

has anyone any idea, what is going on?
.the gps is working on 9600 baudrate

Any proceedure above that will differ using a Spektrum SPM4648 race reciever?

Great post, congratulations!
One question, GPS is working with acro and 6dof naze32 versions?

Thanks