Eachine Falcon 120 SP F3 Racing Quadcopter Review

Don’t be fooled by the size of the Falcon 120, it will easily scare onlookers as you screech past them! The new Falcon 120 is a dangerous combination of new technology that might blow you away if you are new to this field! The Falcon 120 is the most

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://blog.dronetrest.com/eachine-falcon-120-sp-f3-racing-quadcopter/

Great review, thanks.

I wanted to ask if you have tried configuring the Falcon 120 with DShot? I think it is compatible but I’m too new to fully understand the implications of changing away from OneShot. Would you recommend sticking with OneShot?

thanks

Both the FC (assuming you have the SPF3 version) and the 4in1 ESC I know do support Dshot, although I have not tested myself yet. My suggestion would be to do a few low hover testes with Dshot enabled first before going crazy!

In general, an easy way to check if your FC supports dshot it is to go to the CLI in betaflight and then type get pwm, then the CLI will list all the possible protocols you can use with your ESC, if Dshot is listed there then your FC firmware supports it.

To know if your ESC supports Dshot is abit harder, but in general all ESC released this ear support Dshot, but maybe not Dshot600 yet. ESC need to have some capacitors removed to take full advantage of Dshot so the only way to know for sure is to ask the manufacturer or read the specs as I am sure it will highlight that it supports Dshot.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Sorry for taking so long to respond.

You mention doing some hover tests. What should I be looking for in such tests?